Rockford Ambulance Education
American Heart Association PALS Certification Initial Training Class
- PALS textbook is required to study but is not included in the class fee. You may purchase the textbook above.
- The American Heart Association (AHA) requires that students take a Pre-Course Self-Assessment before coming to class. Take the self-assessment online at www.heart.org/eccstudent. Use the code word pals15. Then print out the certificate and bring it to class, or email it to email@example.com. Students must pass the test at 70%. Important: You will not be given a certificate of completion or card if the Pre-Course Self-Assessment is not completed and resulting certificate is not presented prior to your class.
- 2 Year American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification Card upon completion.
- BLS Review (Infant-Child CPR AED) and Airway Management.
- Technology Review and Code Management.
- EKG Rhythm Review and PALS Pharmacology.
- PALS Algorithms for Pediatric Cardiac, Respiratory, and Shock Cases.
Add a Basic Life Saving (BLS) Class:
- You may add a Basic Life Saving (BLS) Class to your PALS Class. This "BLS Add-On" class provides a 2 Year American Heart Association BLS CPR card. It will run for approximately 1 hour immediately following PALS training and include the BLS written exam. Fee is $20.00. See the Add-to-Cart option above.
- Licensed Health Care Providers (Nurses and Doctors, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, EMS Personnel and Respiratory Therapists).
- Re-certification is allowed for those that have been certified before (even if expired) and can bring proof of previous training to class.
- All PALS training occurs at our Rockford training location, Rockford Ambulance Courtland Substation, 7560 14 Mile Rd NE. Map
- PALS Initial Training classes are held the last Tuesday of each month, 8:00am - 5:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Be prepared for a long day of training.
- If questions, please call the office at (616) 866-0724 (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read our Class Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- Read the American Heart Association Disclaimer.
- Class sizes are limited. No "Walk-Ins" allowed. Thank you!